Last Updated 10/5/2020
The Service Owner collects personal data and information. Depending on the type of data, collection takes place at the user’s request or automatically.
1. What Data We Collect
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in webinars, and data from third-party platforms you connect with Eventzilla Joinlive. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Service you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Service. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Service, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
If you wish to use some of the functions on our Service which are reserved for the Registered Users you must register for this purpose (sign up). When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your name, email address, password, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”). We will ask you to provide your personal data as well as additional data which may not constitute personal data but is also covered by this Policy. Providing personal data and consent to its processing is not mandatory (it is voluntary), however, it is necessary to conclude and perform the Service use agreement in relation to functionalities reserved for the Registered Users.
Personal data is processed by the Service Owner acting as the controller of personal data for the purpose and in a manner specified above in the information note.
You can also choose to provide profile information like your photo. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
Parts of the Service let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including chat messages and polls reviews on a webinar page, asking or answering questions or posting an offer with a link. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others.
When you create and host a webinar, we collect certain data including webinar titles, host name and registrant names and emails, chat messages, polls and their results, offers created, questions and comments posted, documents or slides and the recording of a live webinar.
User Payment Data
If you are a host/ account owner, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and address) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and postal code. For security, Eventzilla Joinlive does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
Communications and Support
1.2. Data We Collect Through Automated Means
When you access the Service, we collect certain data by automated means, including:
Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Service, including account access, time spent using the Service, pages visited, features used, webinars created, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Service (“Usage Data”).
Approximate Geographic Data
An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
2. What We Use Your Data For
Personal data provided by you and processing of which you agreed to, is processed exclusively to the extent and for a purpose allowed by a given consent or for a purpose allowed by applied law. Data collected automatically may be used for the analysis of a users’ behavior on the Service and also for collecting demographic data related to our users. Data collected during correspondence between you and the Service Owner is used exclusively for enabling a correct, full and effective answer to your question.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Service to:
- Provide and administer the Service
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including support messages, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in as a webinar host, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, surveys and other available features (which you can opt out of at any time);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Service’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Service, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Improve our Service and develop new products, services, and features;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Service.
We may also use your data to interface with third-party platforms and services that allow us to provide the Service.
In case of a breach of the Terms of Service constituting a violation of the law, as well as in case of lack of such a breach but on the basis of other provisions of law, the Service Owner may disclose your data, including personal data, to judicial authorities in cases required by law.
3. Who We Share Your Data With
In order to provide the Service, we will share your information with Archiebot (a service provided by RTC Labs, Al. Grunwaldzka 212, 80-266 Gdañsk, Poland), the partner of Eventzilla Joinlive.
We share certain data about you with webinar registrants, companies performing services for us, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, payment providers to manage billing and subscription on our behalf. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
With Your Webinar Registrants & Subscribers: We share the username, email and avatar photo you choose when setting up your account via our email notifications. You can change these in your settings at any time. Those who subscribe to you as a host, can be notified via email when you publish a new public webinar.
With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Eventzilla Joinlive, you, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Service.
During a Change in Control: If Eventzilla Joinlive undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
4. How We Protect Your Data
The Service uses appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored make efforts to ensure security, confidentiality and integrity of personal data collected through the Service. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
Eventzilla Joinlive takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Eventzilla Joinlive, the Service, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Service will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
5. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Service, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data.
5.1. Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service.
To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Service, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Service, and notices about our policies.
The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google’s display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
To opt out of allowing Google Analytics to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
5.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
- You can access and update your personal data that Eventzilla Joinlive collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account:
- As a host, visit your account settings page, choose ‘Manage Subscription’, then choose ‘Cancel my subscription. Once you have canceled your subscription your account will be scheduled for removal at the end of your subscription’s billing cycle.
- If you wish to delete your account immediately, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request immediate account deletion at any time.
- If you have any issues terminating your account or would like us to manually terminate your account, email us at email@example.com.
- To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
5.3 GDPR Compliance
The Following Applies to Individuals Whose Personal Data Falls Under the Jurisdictions Subject to the E.U.’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
The Data controller of the joinlive.net website is: Eventzilla Corporation, with its registered office at 545 Metro Place South, One Metro Place, Suite 100, Dublin, OH 4301, United States of America.
It should also be noted that Eventzilla Joinlive acts as a subcontractor of personal data, within the meaning of the applicable legislation, for the management of any online event / webinar accessible via the Service; in which case the data controller is the company or user organising the corresponding online event / webinar, i.e. the Client of Eventzilla Joinlive within the meaning of the General Conditions of Use.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
6.1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on Eventzilla Joinlive. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to Eventzilla Joinlive, like your timezone, and to make the site easier to use.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into Eventzilla Joinlive. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
Authentication and security
- To log you into Eventzilla Joinlive
- To protect your security
- To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate Eventzilla Joinlive’s agreements
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to Eventzilla Joinlive and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember data about your browser and your preferences
- To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred time zone or the country you’re in, so we can provide content properly without asking each time you visit.
Analytics and research
- To help us improve and understand how people use Eventzilla Joinlive
For example, cookies help us test different versions of Eventzilla Joinlive to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with Eventzilla Joinlive, like the links you click on.
We utilize the following cookies:
|NAME OF COOKIE||DESCRIPTION|
7. Special Protection of Personal Data of Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 may not use the Service. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that Eventzilla Joinlive may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to firstname.lastname@example.org.